Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finally a job!

It was not really the same as I thought or what others said they felt after getting one. And I never knew why - I was feeling just OK. Conditions are different today and I feel the much awaited lightness after landing at PWC (Price Waterhouse Coopers).
Dunno the reason, but it really didn't feel that light after landing there. May be it had to do with the way my interview went and made me confident that they aren't gonna take me after such a bad ending to a good interview (and for that matter, I wasn't really depressed but then I got a call from Shoumik telling me that I was placed). Or the fact that I couldn't meet the company people and shake hands and accept the offer in a traditionally anticipated manner. Finally I am happy and am just waiting for 2nd February when my placement will be officially done with.
The Placements are a real test of one's poise and patience. Mine was much late than what I and others had expected. To add to it, I signed and sat for this company without fully understanding the work profile (which ultimately is impossible too). But well, I am a believer of 'connecting the dots' and the problem was only with the waiting.
I am eager to see the remaining friends and batchmates get placed because this 'waiting' is something not everyone can appreciate.

No comments: