Saturday, August 04, 2007

B E A utiful

I have never been very creative with words, so I am just exclaiming with the Title as Jim Carry would do, had he seen such a beautiful nazaara. I was thinking of giving the title as 'The Ultimate Beauty' but my English savvy friends would regard that as a cliche and possibly disregard the post as unworthy. Then I thought of something more complicated like 'Sundartaa ki Paraakashthaa', but I fear many of my young Indian friends would ask me whether this is Hindi or Sanskrit and bring the language to a shame.

I came to India at the worst possible, but at least for me, the best possible time. Although it was raining hard in Mumbai and Pune and later in Banswara (what to say about the excellent weather in Tiruppur!!!), it killed the heat, which otherwise would have killed this spoiled Dutch boy.

Coming to the point, I was flying Ahmedabad to Mumbai by Jet Airways (and again digressing...) and as all my India visits are, this one too was full of running (despite all rains!), trying to catch up with as many friends and family and relatives as I can, not forgetting to mention visiting the Ashrams and meeting the Master. So it was a morning flight and I was very tired.

The breakfast 'bell' woke me up. I was sitting on a window seat with my sleeping face turned towards the window and then what I saw was pure beauty!

My Gujju neighbour was kind enough not to mind my disturbing his (already served and started) breakfast and getting the camera out of my bag. In fact, he too took out his mobile and started clicking pictures.

Now what would you call it?


I really have no words. My breakfast was still waiting and later the flight attendant too but I didn't mind.


I continue clicking pictures, keeping in mind the scratches in my window. My Dutch colleagues and acquaintances must see these pictures and then they will realize (they already know) that what they call heavy rain is nothing more than a drizzle for us.


The following is the best photograph from the lot and possibly the best photograph I have ever clicked. Just look at the split sun, the vivid colours, the ocean of clouds ... ah! I never believed G I Gurdjieff when he says, "The power of the sun is divine", but I don't mind agreeing him for the moment.

I also tried catching the clouds without the sun. Luckily I found some gaps and but we were at a height of 11000 m, we could hardly see the ground. Rather, the gap looked like liquid water contained by these enormous clouds, ready to burst and let the hell loose over the doomed.


This is another beauty I clicked when I was lucky to find a mountain of cloud in this ocean of clouds.


In the beginning, another name that occurred to me was 'Kahin Khushi, Kahin Gum', because though I and others were feeling lucky above the clouds, people below were praying or doing a yagya or just cursing Indra bhagwaan (while fearing at the same time his powers and rage to repeat 26th July or recreate the history).
After clicking such rare pictures, I got a little easy and the pictures to follow are marred by the scratches in the window. Nevertheless, they are a small treasure, which will be with me. I also took 3 vidoes but I doubt they will add any beauty to this blog. Anyway, they are more than 50 MB and I dare not to upload them and later give the link to others. The end had to come and I also had to finish my breakfast. I was the last to finish, just about the time when the plane was preeparing to land.


Towards the end, the clouds started resembling ice, especially at the distance. Ocean and Glacier, at the same time!

I have waited long to write and publish this because my desktop doesn't have a slot for the SD card and well, I did not dare attempts to upload so many pictures on my gaanv's dial-up network. But now that I have done it, I feel happy about it. If someone wants these picture(s), just mail me the picture number(s) from the top and it (they) should reach your inbox in 2-3 non-working [:-)] days. Tot ziens!

No comments: