Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hakim finally gets a job!

For those who don't know him, Hakim is my school time friend and one of the best friends I've ever met in life. Our journey started in Standard X when this guy, who used to pass by grace (a system of letting the student pass if he's failing only by a few marks or so) in 2-3 subjects every exam, suddenly popped up as a new entry among all us toppers during the half-yearly examination and caught everyone's attention. Well, my prime reasons of approaching him were different (related to some her) but we finally ended up studying together in the board exams and we cracked it too. And we never saw back again!

Hakim: His normal self!

To some extent, I can be attributed (or blamed as some may call :-P) for his choosing Science as the subject. The combined study (catalysed by aunty's exotic food which I still relish) continued for 2 more years and we went to Kota after Standard XII. Our ways first parted when I came to Mumbai whereas he landed at VIT (Vellore).
His field of study, Biotechnology first appeared to him as the field of the future but he realized later that he is not game for intensive research which Biotech is all about. In my knowledge, he should be at least in the top 100-150 students at VIT both in terms of his abilities & skills and his CGPA score. However, destiny had more difficulties in store for this guy (well before this, he had found difficulties on the front of Girls and GOD :-P) and even after a placement of some odd 500 people, this guy stood unplaced for reasons which even he couldn't determine.
Things are relatively easier in IITs as we're done with 70% of our placements in less than 3 months and that too has been great. On the other hand, he has been waiting for a job for the past 8 months and it has been very frustrating, given the fact that a lot of junta supposedly less-deserving than him got one. Anyways, his run ended today when he got his employer in form of Easy Solutions (a software firm). And I can't express my elation in words!
And this stupid didn't call and rather messaged me about the job. On enquiring, he says he didn't do so because his pay is a bit less. So foolish of him! I just told him two things which two elders have told me at different times:
- You have to make a start, even though it isn't all that BIG
- Things even out in long run if you are dedicated and talented
I'm sure things will even out for him as well and just some patience is required.

I would also take this opportunity to tell that Hakim bhai is already engaged to Naiz, a beautiful girl who stays just in pichwada of Hakim's house :-). The engagement itself is a story worth a blog!

Naiz

He has so many plans ahead now that he is settled in life (mind you, marriage is not the one in the near future). And these plans also ensure that restlessness doesn't end for him here ;-). But well, it will surely be a sweet one!

Update/Edit:

Just came to know that another very good school friend of mine, also a room partner during JEE preparation - Chirag too landed up with a job with International Tractors and guess the placement site - one and only the Balle land of tractors - ooye Punjab!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to know someone is really happy for his friends :-).Everybody gets their share of troubles, just the context varies. It must have been difficult waiting but I am glad its over for Hakim.
Now that he has a start I hope he (they)makes it BIG.

Anonymous said...

hiii, thanks mannnn... that was awesome,too nice & fabulous etccccccccc.good to know that u & chirag become a good frd & forget ure past.this 8 month taught me a lot ..i try my best & enjoy every moment of my life... thanks once again.....love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ankit said...

Dosi tumne Anoniitian ki to leli ...:P

Kumar Dosi said...

I suppose the clarification has already been given