Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A perfect day!

I generally don't like 'just reporting' on this blog and prefer dissecting the situation or happening but I'm limiting myself this time for the sake of occasion. Someone has truly said, "Great things always come unexpected." The yesterday's Pune visit was a perfect example of a perfect day I had, with almost everything unexpected.
It all begin on Monday night when Mayank buzzed and asked me to come with him, Sabby and Lord Voldemort (aka Bajjy) to Pune for ChEA Symposium work. I had a few works and 2 midsems on my head and I denied the idea. However, he kept pressing and I just thought, "Chalo yaar, chalte hain. Dekhte hain kya hota hai." Later, I also realized that it would be a good break from the bored routine life of a final year job-waala lukkha.
We were to leave the hostel by 6.30 the next morning and therefore I woke up at 4.15 am for getting done with bathing and meditation, and getting early was something I was really aspiring for (quite unlike my fellow IITians) from many days which the lukkha life was always denying me. And to my surprise, I was all fresh despite a 4 hr sleep. We left the hostel at 7 and went to Chembur for getting a bus. And to our great surprise, we ended up in a Volvo. The bus trip via Khandala and Lonavla (injected with good breakfast) was nice and we reached Pune by 11, discussing the work details in final 5 minutes :-P.

Volvo Pleasure

Mayank and Sabby left for Praj whereas I and Bajjy went for a light Brunch. Then after a few calls to Shobhana and Shweta, we charted our plan and left for Shivaji Memorial Society College. We did publicity in Chem Engg and Management departments and the respect we got there as IIT students by overwhelming. Daydreaming, we left for Cummins then (:X) and I must say that despite the less crowd at that time, which was disappointing (Bajjy was still elated), I could feel some axe-effect at the place which really took away all the tiredness and brought some fresh hopes in life ;-). Being the only guys there, we also earned some good glances :-D. After a lot of running around, we could locate Madam Jail (initially we took her for Jahil :-)) ) and were done with our work. Luck favored us and we also got to meet DY Patil College students there and we did that Publicity there itself. After that, we went to the reputed MIT and did further publicity in Polymer and Petrochemical Departments. Unimaginable respect was bestowed on us at these places too. Finally done with work, we met Mayank and Sabby and had some fattes at MIT Canteen (a broader and diverse version of our Coffee Shack).
From here, we left for NCL to meet Shobhana (old HLRC friend). I was under constant bantering with her name right from the time we left the Institute and well, these guys here started up murmuring songs like Ek baar aaja aaja and Bahaaron Ful Barsaao when we were standing outside NCL awaiting her and I was all ROTFL. Thankfully, they stopped as she came. Mayank and Sabby left for station from there whereas me and Bajjy roamed aroud NCL with her. Bajjy was sure missing Manisha as he was cornered and targeted by us two (I also appreciate his tolerance and conservativeness). We went into good old days and came to present. Bajjy showed some rare generosity too by paying for the treat in canteen :-P.

With Shobhana at NCL

Quite against the charted economical plan, we made a return from Volvo again. Watched Kalyug on our return in the bus (Gosh! How can they play such a movie in the bus with kids, girls and the old). Anyways, despite the unreal larger-than-life personality of the Protagonist (not only his physical strength and his perseverance but also his character ... aise log kahaan milte hain aajakal duniya mein?), I liked the movie's idea and its simplicity in execution. The music too rocks!
Thanx to Bajjy's perseverance, we ended up having dinner at BTC (Bhagat Tara Chand). The marginal utility of the food had decreased tremendously the last time I visited this place. But this time, it was just a perfect addition to the perfection of the day!

Basking at BTC

The whole day passed in a grand manner. Other than ChEA's generosity, I would also like to praise the execution capabilities of the Symposium's OCs here (and thank them too for such a great trip!). We just expect another such work-picnic (did I say work?) to Goa after the grand success of the Symposium and the B-plan competition. Amen!

4 comments:

Anshu Anand said...

Did not know ..you were into blogging too ...read some of your blogs..gud work ..:)

Hrisheekesh Sabnis said...

waah dosi... u have summed up the day excellently... we are proud of u.. jhalak dikhalaaaa ja.. ek baar aja aja aja aja aaaaaaaaaaaja..:P

Kumar Dosi said...

Can never forget this song for the entire life =))
Day was great fun with you guys. So, Goa trips ke kya plan hai???

Highway Star said...

blogging is in the air!!